eBay Principal Architect in San Jose, California
Looking for an opportunity where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you’ll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating? Where you’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago? Where you can be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact for people across the globe? We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay - if this sounds like you, we’d love to talk!
We are looking for an experienced technical leader to help build the world’s best digital marketing platform, leveraging best of breed technologies and our enormous amount of data to support our growing business. Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing Technologies, you will work across the global technology team of 125+ people. You will define the technical direction and vision for the marketing platform, execute on that strategy, and help drive double digit buyer growth for eBay. You will help enable our current marketing channels (e.g. email, SEM, display, and social), while making it easy to experiment with and scale to future channels. You will identify where it makes sense to build channel-specific capabilities vs. more channel-agnostic platform capabilities. You will partner with the data science teams to better empower and leverage science for improved personalization, inspiration, and conversion across our various marketing channels.
- Define the longer-term vision, architecture, and related design principles for our digital marketing platform
- Effectively partner across the broader marketing organization to understand the business and product needs and ensure the architecture meets those requirements
- Evaluate and recommend technologies, design patterns, coding standards, and processes that will improve the overall platform
- Determine where we should build in house solutions vs. leverage third party software
- Help lead architecture, design, code, and test reviews across the team
- Promote a data-driven software development culture of quality, collaboration, inclusion, rapid delivery, and business impact
- Mentor technical leaders and engineers across the team
- Represent the marketing technology team in the broader eBay architecture community
- Attend external marketing and technical conferences to learn the latest trends and evangelize the novel work we’re doing within the team
Principal Architect Qualifications
- 15+ years of professional experience working in software development
- Hands on experience and strong proficiency with Java, Scala, C++, or equivalent object-oriented programming language
- Expert in Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Flink
- Experience driving the overall system architecture and technical standards across multiple teams
- Experience in marketing channels including Email, SEM, Display and Social (desired, but not required)
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
View our accessibility info at https://www.ebayinc.com/accessibility/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
EEO is the Law Poster at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf