eBay Senior Back-end engineer (Java + NodeJs) in San Jose, California
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage, and imagination, where you can be part
Of the team, shaping the future of global commerce?
Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you are interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part-of.
Our team is seeking talented, creative and passionate and rock-solid data engineers with skills and experiences to Design, design and develop innovative, highly performant, available software. Be a part of a team that manages the speed and performance of eBay.
Intellect, curiosity, commitment, pride, respect, teamwork and good communication skill are
What we are looking for.
We expect someone with solid computer science fundamentals, a strong drive for results, thrives on continuous innovation, dreams big, self-starts, and learns fast, get things done while having fun.
• 8+ years of experience developing highly scalable distributed platforms, services, and Internet scale
• Deep knowledge in infrastructure, systems, and good understanding of low-level software concepts
and scaling practices.
• Proficiency in a programming language such as Java, NodeJS, strong foundation in Data structures and
algorithms. Experience in Kafka, Elastic Search, Grafana/Kibana, Logstash, Good understanding of
Machine Learning algorithms, No SQL concepts, CI, CD etc.,
• Solid understanding of Computer science fundamentals, interested in distributed in Distributed
systems, scalability and open sources systems.
• Ability to come up with innovative solutions to engineering problems, while also thoroughly
considering edge cases and avoiding pitfalls
• Own major projects and features from design phase to coding, testing, deployment and support.
• Good verbal and written communication skills to collocate effectively with various stakeholders
View our accessibility info at https://www.ebayinc.com/accessibility/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
EEO is the Law Poster at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf