eBay Software Engineer, Back End in San Jose, California
Do you want to make an impact on the world’s largest e-commerce website? Are you interested in building performance efficient, high-volume and highly scalable distributed systems? We have a place for you!
Primary Job Responsibilities :
We are looking for a back-end software engineer to work in Risk product development team, which is responsible for managing seller and buyer risk in eBay marketplace. As a self-motivated and enthusiastic member of our team, you will work with extremely talented peers in a fun environment building world class risk products. You will work in an agile environment with a focus on problem solving and engineering excellence.
• Contribute to a high performing engineering team to design, implement, test and operate key critical services for eBay marketplaces.
• Build critical technology that has an immediate impact on millions of eBay users throughout the world.
• Deliver quality implementations that display high standards and covered by unit tests
- Contribute to the Design, Development and testing of high throughput back-end systems
- Develop efficient, elegant, clean code covered by unit tests
- Participate in design and code review sessions
Basic Qualifications :
- 4 + years experience in Back End Java development
-Display a good understanding of computer science fundamentals, RDBMS and nosql concepts
- Display a good understanding of web services and related standards like REST/JSON
- Display a good grasp of java
- Adhere to software development best practices
- Ability to deal with high volume and low latency challenges
- Collaborate with engineers, architects and other stakeholders
- Display a keen sense of ownership on maintainability, scalability, quality of the component
- Participate in architecture discussions, freely propose and discuss solutions to system and product changes
BS in CS or EE or Equivalent
View our accessibility info at https://www.ebayinc.com/accessibility/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com . We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement